Posted on Friday, November 11th, 2016 at 9:49 am by Administrator
The holiday season is upon us and we want to share our good fortune with our Atlanta neighbors.
You may have already seen the food bins that are in our showrooms. These are for the Atlanta Community Food Bank!
A "Food Drive" benefiting the Atlanta Community Food Bank
Now through November 18!
The D. Geller & Son showrooms in Atlanta, Kennesaw and Sandy Springs
We want to give back to the community that has been SO GOOD to us!
How to Participate:
You receive 1 raffle ticket for each item that you donate (it can be any canned or dried food item. Nothing perishable please!). On November 18 we will end the contest and will combine all raffle tickets. ONE LUCKY customer will be chosen on November 19th to receive a piece of TACORI 18K925 fashion jewelry (up to $250 MSRP)!
Some of the most needed food items are:
- Whole grain foods
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown rice
- Whole grain cereal
- Whole wheat flour
- Whole grain crackers
- Plain oatmeal
- Shelf stable milk (cow, soy, rice, etc.)
- Fruit, dried or canned in light syrup or juice
- Low-sodium, no salt added vegetables
- Low-sodium pasta sauce in plastic container
- Foods high in protein
- Natural peanut butter (no hydrogenated oil)
- Dried beans
- Dried peas
- Dried lentils
- Canned tuna - canned in water, not oil
- Canned salmon - canned in water, not oil
- Canned chicken - canned in water, not oil
- Unsalted nuts
- 100% fruit and/or vegetable juice
- Cooking oil
- Olive oil
- Canola oil
Families and individuals who struggle to put food on the table also have a tough time with the household essentials that many of us take for granted. In addition to food, these non-food items are greatly needed and appreciated:
- Paper products